Sunday, January 17, 2010

Week 3----Messege in a Bottle

Not a very green idea but, we are putting a message in a glass bottle and throwing it out into the river with a note asking the finders to contact us and to tell us where they found it. We got this idea from the DK Eyewitness Ocean video we were watching in the car this week. The Eyewitness people did this to track ocean currents.

We have our fingers crossed that someone may find it and contact us.

We used a glass bottle instead of plastic I figure the glass would not be as bad for the environment. Although plastic would definatly be more durable!

When I told my 3 yr old what we would be doing she looked at me with a frown and said "we can't do that we need to keep our world clean!" (We routinely pick up trash around our neighborhood and stress the importance of not littering)

Not sure if throwing a glass bottle in the river makes me a hypocrite or not. Does it?

update; We went down to the river and DUH! what was I thinking we live in the North and it's mid January the River is FROZEN. The kids were so bummed, so was I. Well we will save the bottles till spring and toss em' in then! We will probably have a better chance of them being found in the warmer months as more people are out on the water.

No comments:

Post a Comment